I am an Aspergers sufferer(a form of autism), I was told that I am unlikable & troubled since I was 3 (by my Mom- I am sure that she had OCD & other mental illness too). I am also pretty sure that my Dad & my brothers don’t like me much too. These are my symptoms:
* Emotional issues (mood swings. I cry everyday, I often over think & over feel, I take everything offensive. For example, when my Mom/Dad calls me stupid (almost everyday), I cried about 20 minutes, and then I got angry, and when I get angry, I can do bad things. I AM TROUBLED.
* Social Awkwardness – I don’t have friends, I used have a few friends, but I have a feeling that they don’t like me that much neither. I don’t fit in.. I tend to say the wrong thing at the wrong time & do the wrong thing at the wrong time. I was also told that my temperament/behavior is not that good sometimes. ** I could not pick up on social cues. I offend people without knowing why people got mad at me all the time. So I choose to be alone, so that I don’t have to look at people’s “rejection” faces. I don’t even know what I have done wrong & why people are hating on me.
* Anxiety- I am scared of a lot of things. I always think something bad is going to happen.
* Obession – when I am obsessed with certain thing, I will keep doing that same thing, and I am also very picky, bossy, and strict (just like my parents). I want everything to be perfect, and if it doesn’t go my way, I will get mad.
* I was kind of slow at school when I was a kid, but i got better when I was in university.
*** and my Mom (sometimes my Dad too) calls me stupid & compares me to my cousin almost everyday ever since I was 3, it has been over 20 years. My self esteem is extremely low, I don’t even talk to my relatives, I only give them gifts every year at Christmas (I leave the gifts at my Dad’s house & they pick up the gifts, I don’t see them in person anymore), because I really don’t want to see people’s “rejection” faces.
So my question is do you think people with Aspergers/autism, OCD & other mental disabilities are naturally “unlikable” due to their “symptoms”? I am sure that my Mom had OCD, and my Dad has Aspergers just like me. They are not really likable too. The only difference is that I did not say it out loud, but they did tell me constantly that I am unlikable & stupid, especially my Mom, she told me that almost everyday for over 20 years, she also compared me to my cousin almost everyday which I could not bear. Anyway, what are your thoughts about some mental disabilities people are naturally UNLIKEABLE?